Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 770: The Chair, Part 26 – The Stroller, Part 1

After all the twists and turns this story has taken… I think it comes without any surprise as to why Costello came to London to see us during our medevac (hoping to be one of the first to meet Gilliam)… and, in addition, why he ended up standing next to me outside IKEA at 4 o’clock on a drizzle January afternoon.

As we looked up at the monster of a building… the blue and yellow eerily staring back down at us… Costello turned to be and said, “I hate you.”

For Costello, quickly throwing out the words “I hate you” was his way of saying “I can’t believe you talking me into this… when will I learn to stop answering the phone???”

Yes… Costello has been sucked into many of my misadventures… and has agreed to countless favors… and he certainly has grounds for hating me.  After all, I made him carry a stroller from Atlanta to London for me.

Well… From Atlanta, to Charlotte, to London… well… it should have been that simple… his plane was diverted to Manchester… and well… he finally made it to London about 12 hours later.

Sit tight.

No comments: