I’m starting to think the Carpet Brothers have been following my blog… although… if they were… they wouldn’t have needed to call me for the correct spelling of my name.
Anyway, they just called me wanting to know how much longer I was going to be in town and they also wanted the spelling of my name and Serena’s. “My Brother’s and I wish to have a special gift made for you and your wife; we will certainly have it made before you leave. We will call you soon.”
Honestly, the two coasters were enough and I am feeling quite touched and very excited. Of course I told them it wasn’t necessary, arguing that a gestures of friendship isn’t necessary is pretty futile over here… so I didn’t object too much.
Who knows what it will be! Or if it’s something Serena will want to show off in her house… but regardless, it will be something special with a great story. We shall see.
The odd thing is this.
The call was the second time the Brothers have reentered my life, in a way, since posting my last entry.
Yesterday, a work buddy of mine named Bruno, who bought three rugs from the Brothers (after I introduced them) came up to me, “Hey, the Brothers keep calling us to see if we’d like to go out to dinner.” (I’m using the word ‘us’ because Bruno is one of the lucky few here with his wife. Unaccompanied posts pretty nice for couples without kids.)
Oh, and by the way, dinner invitations from the Brother’s are normal. They are really into networking… they have invited me numerous time, but I’ve never been free… and to be honest, I’ve have shied away from their invitations because I didn’t really have anyone to go with. I really like the Brothers, but in general I don’t feel comfortable going out to a dinner in Islamabad alone.
So, yesterday Bruno opened the door.
I didn’t really know where he was going at first. Bruno is well over six foot, former marine, build like a brick house, and his normal everyday tone of voice is “I hate you”… he’s a teddy bear once you get to know him, however, because of his tone you never know where he’s coming from.
“Yeah, so these Brothers of yours keep calling us, they want to take me and the wife out to dinner.”
Since I’m never really sure where Bruno is coming from, I never beat around the bush with him… so I just blurted out, “So, are you guys going to go?”
Bruno just paused for a minute and said, “We’re thinking about it… But we’re only going to go if you come with.”
There is was…
Me: “Let’s do it. Set it up and tell me when.”
Sooo… looks like my last couple weeks are going to be action packed!
Anyway, they just called me wanting to know how much longer I was going to be in town and they also wanted the spelling of my name and Serena’s. “My Brother’s and I wish to have a special gift made for you and your wife; we will certainly have it made before you leave. We will call you soon.”
Honestly, the two coasters were enough and I am feeling quite touched and very excited. Of course I told them it wasn’t necessary, arguing that a gestures of friendship isn’t necessary is pretty futile over here… so I didn’t object too much.
Who knows what it will be! Or if it’s something Serena will want to show off in her house… but regardless, it will be something special with a great story. We shall see.
The odd thing is this.
The call was the second time the Brothers have reentered my life, in a way, since posting my last entry.
Yesterday, a work buddy of mine named Bruno, who bought three rugs from the Brothers (after I introduced them) came up to me, “Hey, the Brothers keep calling us to see if we’d like to go out to dinner.” (I’m using the word ‘us’ because Bruno is one of the lucky few here with his wife. Unaccompanied posts pretty nice for couples without kids.)
Oh, and by the way, dinner invitations from the Brother’s are normal. They are really into networking… they have invited me numerous time, but I’ve never been free… and to be honest, I’ve have shied away from their invitations because I didn’t really have anyone to go with. I really like the Brothers, but in general I don’t feel comfortable going out to a dinner in Islamabad alone.
So, yesterday Bruno opened the door.
I didn’t really know where he was going at first. Bruno is well over six foot, former marine, build like a brick house, and his normal everyday tone of voice is “I hate you”… he’s a teddy bear once you get to know him, however, because of his tone you never know where he’s coming from.
“Yeah, so these Brothers of yours keep calling us, they want to take me and the wife out to dinner.”
Since I’m never really sure where Bruno is coming from, I never beat around the bush with him… so I just blurted out, “So, are you guys going to go?”
Bruno just paused for a minute and said, “We’re thinking about it… But we’re only going to go if you come with.”
There is was…
Me: “Let’s do it. Set it up and tell me when.”
Sooo… looks like my last couple weeks are going to be action packed!
No comments:
Post a Comment