Travesty! Not only did I forget to pack my teddy bear… BUT, ‘Take Your Teddy Bear to Work Day’ fell on ‘Columbus Day’ this year! Oh, the humanity! A lost Spaniard takes precedence over my sweet adorable Honey Jo Bear??? I called him Jo for short.
Jo was awesome… I took him everywhere… he even went to Hawaii with me! He was cuddly AND a snappy dresser.
My parents gave him to me for Christmas when I was very young… and for many years we were inseparable… and then, ‘poof, like Keyser Soze, he was gone.” I wonder if he’ll ever find his way home… maybe this Christmas will be the year we’ll be reunited… I think I saw him on eBay (hint, hint!)
Anyway, Teddy Bears are very special. I gave Grayson a new Teddy Bear on his first day in Washington, DC after we joined the Foreign Service… I figured he could use a travel buddy. Grayson named him Jo-Jo and they are inseparable… just like I was with Jo… and that’s awesome.


No comments:
Post a Comment