You know? I hate to say it… oh okay, I don’t hate saying it. Jon Stewart and Steve Colbert are totally onto something here. We have a two party system for a reason. We need both sides to instill balance to the force… and this balance can only be achieved if we all work together. Drawing such deep party lines only breeds resentment and hypocrisies.
Yes, we may be a nation of divided ideals… but I think we could all use a day to take a step back and laugh at ourselves. Laughter truly is the best medicine and before discussing politics we should all embrace these three ideas:
1. Being a member of a party doesn’t mean you have to agree with 100% of the platform.
2. A person you disagree with can still be your friend… not your enemy.
3. Above everything else, we all want the same thing: a safe and prosperous country for our grandchildren’s grandchildren.
So, no matter which side of the spectrum you lean, please take a day to laugh and hug it out. Let’s be able to walk away from November 2nd with a clear head and a fresh start.
SchutzHappens officially endorses the ‘Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear’.
PS: If anyone is going please let me know! I want pictures and a debriefing!
No comments:
Post a Comment