Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 1171: The Chair, Part 34 - The Procrastination

To my ‘adoring’ fans.  With all my heart.  I apologize.
I have strung you along for too long and enough is enough!  It is time to bring this saga to its rightful triumphant conclusion!
However, to simply slap an ending onto ‘The Chair’ would be unjust to the story and unfair to my readers.  ‘The Chair’ has become legend beyond reason and to honor this legend I must continue where I left off: spinning a seemingly random tale of a man, his best friend, a stroller, Ikea… and ‘The Chair’.
To my loyal fans, my promise to you is this: I will post NOTHING except episodes of ‘The Chair’ until I have completed the saga and given you, the reader, the ending you deserve.
Although… between you, me and the brick wall… I’m afraid you’re in for a letdown.
Now, for the rest of you.
Those of you who haven’t a clue as to what I am talking about… well… all I can say is “Welcome to ‘The Chair’”.  For better or worse… you’re going to hear the meandering tale of ‘The Chair’… a tale so epic a traveling minstrel would need to restring his mandolin eight times before coming to its conclusion. 
You see, over a year ago, on August 1st, 2010, I started telling a story about a chair I bought from an IKEA in London… and well…  I must have been in a bit of a playful mood because the telling of this story got WAY out of hand… and well… 32 posts later I still hadn’t finished the story… and then… I never finished it. 
The last time I posted an entry bearing ‘The Chair’ moniker in its title was September 15, 2010… and that was just to make fun of a friend who was making fun of how long the story was taking!  I haven’t actually posted anything substantial about ‘The Chair’ since September 4th, 2010!
Anyway… over the last year I’ve been receiving hate mail from readers who STILL want to hear the end of the story… and now… they get their wish.
So… I would suggest you get take a moment and get acquainted, or reacquainted for that matter, with ‘The Chair’.  Here is a link to all 33 posts so far: http://schutzhappens.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Chair?updated-max=2010-08-14T05%3A57%3A00-04%3A00&max-results=20
(You will want to scroll down to the end of the page and read UP so you can experience the story from the beginning).
Cheers!  The procrastination is over!  Well… almost…
Coming soon: ‘The Chair’, Part 35: The Stroller, Part 8!