So, as per my previous post, “Rocking Out” has become a Schutz Happening... on a regular basis. But, Cake is no longer. For some reason Grayson now finds “The Distance” scary. Now, I do understand... the band Cake does have a bit of a creepy sound if you don’t understand their lyrics... but alas, “Rocking Out” has not ended... but evolved. Grayson now has two favorite bands... “Barenaked Ladies” and “Big Bad Voodoo Daddy”. And for the latter... for those of you who know me well... I couldn’t be prouder. Grayson likes swing music!
Now, the point of this story is the cutest conversation that we had over dinner tonight. Whenever i play a song for Gray, he is now very interested in knowing “who is signing this song”. And of course, I tell him the names of the person or the band. If he likes them... he will request them by name. Tonight we eat dinner to “Big Bad Voodoo Daddy”.
Oh, and one other distinction I give these bands is whether I have seen them in concert.
Me: “Oh, Dada really likes ‘Big Bad Voodoo Daddy,’ I have seen the in concert.”
Gray: “You’ve seen them?”
Me: “Yes.”
Gray: “Oh.”
Now, although Gray understands the concept of a band as friends getting together to play a song... he has yet to grasp the concept of a concert... not that he should at 3 years old... but this level of confusion tonight at dinner achieved a whole new level of cuteness.
Gray: “Daddy, you’ve seen them?”
Me: “Who?”
Gray: “Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.”
Me: “Yeah, I’ve been them.”
Gray: “How did you see them?”
Me: “What do you mean?”
Gray: “How did you see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy? Did you stand next to them?”
And thus... cuteness achieved!
1 comment:
still need video! :)
Post a Comment