Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 789: Floods and ‘Fringe’

The other day, while driving home from work I heard this very moving radio ad calling for the people of Pakistan to band together and donate money for those affected by the floods… and let me tell you… the flooding is crazy bad.  One-fifth of the entire county is underwater.


Well, I’m listening to this ad and I’m thinking, wow, this is a really effective… it is very moving.  The narration and the music were working perfectly together creating a single moment.  


I became captivated with the music… it was so familiar… where had I heard it before?


Then it dawned on me.


The flood relief ad was underscored with the opening theme song to the TV show ‘Fringe’. 


The song was composed by JJ Abrams (creator of Alias, LOST, and Fringe)… I wonder if he aware of his part in the relief effort.

No comments: