So... the magpies in Belgrade are scary huge and they have no fear. I have witnessed them taking on the neighborhood dumpster cats (which is a whole different problem for a different time)… and during most of these spectacular aerial assaults the magpies seem to be on the winning side.
Seriously, I’ve seen with my own eyes a dumpster cat fashion a white flag out of a garbage bag and a chopstick.
Now, beyond this, having zero experience with magpies, and I find the most frightening thing about them is the sound they make. I swear to God they sound just like the Sand People from Star Wars. Maybe I’m just hyper aware since Grayson is going through a Star Wars phase… but it freaks me out… whenever I hear a magpie it is quickly followed by my internal Obi Wan telling me to find shelter before they come back in greater numbers.
It’s chilling.
No comments:
Post a Comment