Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 625: TV Review – The Amazing Race

REF: Day 611: Tuesday TV Review – Big Love, Season 4

A few weeks ago, my cousin/SchutzHappen addict, Pauline commented on my tirade regarding Serena’s love for reality television. Yes Pauline, we watch “The Amazing Race”… in fact, it’s one of our favorites.

This season I am pulling for Louie and Michael, the New York Police officers. They started off a little shaky, but have matured and are more focused as a team. Plus they are funny. I like funny. Some people might think they play dirty because they U-Turned Joe and Heidi… but their intention wasn’t to knock them out of the game. Louie and Michael merely wished to deflate their egos a little bit. I was actually shocked Joe and Heidi were unable to complete the task. However, wasn’t heartbroken, Joe and Heidi never appealed to me as a team, I agreed with Louie and Michael, they were overly cocky. Plus, U-Turns are part of the game… so play the game people!

I am also a huge fan of Survivor. So far the Hero v. Villains is shaping up nicely. I am really happy Colby wasn’t voted off the Heroes Tribe last week. I really liked James during his original season, but part of the fun the first time was because he didn’t know what he was doing. This time he was too cocky and frankly, he was rude. Colby has always been a classy player and ten years later he is even more classy and cool. The way he let the things James said about him roll off was awesome. Then again, it wasn’t like James was making up things, he was being truthful about Colby’s performance. Anyway, with the Heroes down to five people, it’s a whole new game for Colby.

As for the Villain’s watching Boston Rob and Russell has been awesome. I’m a big fan of Boston Rob I really want to see him prevail. Rob may be considered a Villain, but he makes very sound decisions for his tribe and for the most part, he is very fair. Russell on the other hand… oh my god… I just can’t figure this guy out. He burns peoples socks, he buries the tribes machetes… he is one of the most transparent liars in the game! Spotting a liar isn’t hard folks. Russell is a liar! But, even though I can’t stand the guy… he is shrewd and a smart strategic player.

Tyson! Why Tyson! You and Boston Rob had Russell over the fire. He would have been gone if you voted with your trip! You knew you were going to get votes… yet you let Russell play you! Why would you ever change your vote? I don’t understand. I think Russell must be a vampire. It’s the only thing that makes sense. He must be glamouring the other contestants into doing his bidding. ERG!

I’m hoping for a Survivor Mix-Up. Boston Rob and Colby need to team up. They could rock the game.

No comments: