In honor of all the amazing Patent Attorney’s in my life… one of whom seems to be addicted to this blog… and since I am not above pandering to my audience base… I dedicate today to Crazy Patents!
Also, since I’m not above bathroom humor either… I’m linking you directly to the bathroom “crazy patent” page:
http://www.crazypatents.com/htmls/bathroom.htm
Most notably, the toilet bowl target intended to “attract the attention of urinating male humans”. I don’t know… but this seems like a very poorly written patent. Why limit this to “humans”. I’ve seen “Meet the Parents”, humans are not the only species who uses the toilet… by limiting your product to humans; you are opening the door to copy cats marketing to other species. I’m just saying…
All in all, I was expecting more from this site. There are some very strange things if you surf around, like the “Toe Puppets”, “Jet Powered Surfboard” , “Dust Cover for Dog “ and a “Flushable Vehicle Spittoon”.
However, I find most of these “crazy” patents are extremely practical things like the “Portable Bar”, “Novelty Sports Hat”, “Birthday Cake Candle Extinguisher”, “Motorized Ice Cream Cone” and “Wing Apparatus for Skiers”. I mean… COME ON! These ideas are not crazy… they are genius!
Frankly, this site is a letdown. Spend a good thirty minutes with an honest to God patent attorney and they will have you rolling on the floor laughing… in tears even… well… maybe not tears… but the stories are pretty darn good.
Site improvement recommendation: Give the reader some back ground on the inventor! Why were they inspired to design such “crazy” things? Like they say in the movie “Robots”, “See a need, fill a need.” What need was the “Wing Apparatus for Skiers” filling?
Hmmm…
2 comments:
Well, now I have to post...
So here's my personal favorite - method of exercising your cat
http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=OfwkAAAAEBAJ&dq=5443036
Okay I think you missed two of the better ones. I actually think this one is brilliant. Birth Control Pill Dispenser in the Form of a Hair Brush (U.S. Patent No. 4,690,279). However it could eliminate all those wonderful ackward movie moments when a woman drops her purse and her birth control falls out.
Reward Candy Dispenser for Personal Computers (U.S. Patent No. 5,823,386). This is brilliant. Instead of rewarding children you could use to bring all those technophobes into the 21st century.
Post a Comment