Riddle me this. It’s been a while since I’ve been in a Hallmark store in the States. Have they turned to the dark side? Have they become uber-trendy-disgust-o-piles? The reason I ask is this:
While in London, I took Grayson to a Hallmark store to pick out a Valentine ’s Day card for Serena… and I couldn’t help but feel a little dirty. The store didn’t feel like Hallmark… it felt like had walked into a “Spenser’s Gifts”. You know the store I am talking about. The trashy mall gift store? The Hallmark store in London was pretty much a Spenser’s that has a greeting card section. It was really strange.
In my mind, Hallmark is the kind of store you can take your grandma to… has it really turned into a store dedicated to gag gifts for immature prepubescent boys?
Thank about it… get back to me.
1 comment:
That's nuts. They have more and more gift items here but gifts for your Grandma - no Spenser's type gifts. I've been to Hallmark's headquarters in Kansas City and it's very Grandma-like. I don't think they know what their British subsidiaries are up to.
Post a Comment