It seems that children’s theatres called pantomimes are all the rage over the holidays in London… Why they are called Pantomimes, I have no idea… because the actors talk… so, it’s not really a pantomime. Anyway, these, so called, pantomimes are very popular with families and many theatres shut down their normal production runs to mount a Christmas pantomime during the Christmas Holidays. In fact, these shows are so well received that theatre are able to attract celebrities to appear in them.
While we were in town, Pamela Anderson was featured playing the Genie in a Christmas Pantomime production of “Aladdin”. I know, right! Nothing sounds more like Christmas than Pamela Anderson handing out wishes to an impoverished ne’er-do-well!
Although I was unable to attend one of these “pantomimes” myself… most had closed around the time I arrived in London, it has left me with a very perplexing question… are Christmas Pantomimes British Theatre’s answer to Reality Television?
Hmmmm…
No comments:
Post a Comment