Two weeks ago Grayson and I watched “Mary Poppin’s” together. It was awesome. I had forgotten what a long movie it was… but Grayson muscled through… in two sittings. Being an Oscar buff, I must note that Mary Poppin’s is Grayson’s very first movie features an Oscar Winning Oscar performance. This is quite a big deal in my world.
This past weekend we made Grayson Movie History Again with “The Sound of Music” as Grayson’s first ever Oscar winning Best Picture. Again, it took two viewings to get through the film, but Grayson seemed to like it a lot. My little man even picked up on Julie Andrews. About fifteen minutes into the movie Gray looked at Serena and said, “Hey, that’s Mary Poppin’s!”… which seemed to give the movie even more clout.
He’s done this once before while in London watching the movie “Underdog” featuring Jason Lee as the voice of Underdog. Not long into the movie he started shouting, “Underdog is Dave! Underdog is Dave! They have the same voice!” Well, he was 100% correct. The Dave he was talking about was Dave Seville from the live action version of “Alvin and the Chipmucks” starring Jason Lee as Dave. I was pretty amazed by Gray’s connection on this one since there were no visual clues… Jason Lee never appeared on camera in “Underdog”.
Anyway, this is just another reason why Grayson is awesome.
2 comments:
I wonder that his ability to pick up just on the voice is another symptom of how much better their memories than ours. Does he play Memory? He's likely to just clean the floor with you and any other adult.
He's pretty good at memory games. He especially likes to play the versions I downloaded on my iPod Touch. He can navigate straight to it and play when I leave it laying around.
Post a Comment