I have a funny story from the other morning while yet another snow storm hit the Washington, DC area.
My boss walks into the office shouting, “Kids are so stupid!”
Me: “What did he do?” – referring to his 22 year old son.
Boss: “You know what my idiot son did? He drove from Sterling to DC for his ‘band practice’ in a snow storm. Now he’s stuck on the side of the road and to make matters worse he ran out of gas.”
Co-worker: “Is he by himself.”
Boss: “No, he has his 19 year-old girlfriend with him… but I can’t believe was an idiot he is.”
Me: “Wait a minute… your son is stuck on the side of the road in a snow storm with his girlfriend? He sounds pretty smart to me.”
The comment made my boss pause… he smiled as he choked back a laugh… looked at me and said, “I see where you’re going and I’m not prepared to have that conversation.”
My boss walks into the office shouting, “Kids are so stupid!”
Me: “What did he do?” – referring to his 22 year old son.
Boss: “You know what my idiot son did? He drove from Sterling to DC for his ‘band practice’ in a snow storm. Now he’s stuck on the side of the road and to make matters worse he ran out of gas.”
Co-worker: “Is he by himself.”
Boss: “No, he has his 19 year-old girlfriend with him… but I can’t believe was an idiot he is.”
Me: “Wait a minute… your son is stuck on the side of the road in a snow storm with his girlfriend? He sounds pretty smart to me.”
The comment made my boss pause… he smiled as he choked back a laugh… looked at me and said, “I see where you’re going and I’m not prepared to have that conversation.”
No comments:
Post a Comment