Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 1032: FTD Flowers is a Scam!


As Mother’s Day approached Serena and I thought it would be nice to send flowers to our moms.  We haven’t been around for Mother’s Day for quite a few years now and wanted to do something a little more special than just a skype call.

So, Serena started looking at FTD Flowers (www.ftd.com)... Which is VERY expensive and their cheapest set was like $25, plus delivery.  And if you’ve ever had flowers delivered you’ll know that delivery fees are not cheap… it was pretty much the same price as the bouquet!

Anyway, Serena remembered something!  “A few months ago I sent flowers to my Grandma for her birthday and as a ‘thank you’ FTD emailed me a coupon for 15% off my next purchase!”

Me:  “Sweet!  Let’s do it!”

Serena pulled up her account, found the email, clicked on the special link provide to claim her deal, and then Serena said, “What the heck?  This can’t be right.”

Me:  (Looking over her shoulder) “What is it?”

Serena: “Look at the prices.”

Serena had pulled up the same $25.00 bouquet of flowers… but now, the base price was $30.00 with a huge red ‘X’ through it and in large red writing it said, “ONLY $25.00!!!”

I couldn’t believe it.  Serena even pulled the two windows up next to each other… I really wish I had screen shots to show you.  But trust me.  FTD’s ‘special’ 15% off was totally a scam.  And I am sure many other companies are doing it too. 

Personally, I think lying to customers in an attempt to secure our loyalties is unconscionable.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that.  SchutzHappens DOES NOT endorse FTD.com.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've started skipping the local florist network (FTD and like) and use the direct from grower shipping companies (they send the flowers via FedEx or UPS in a box). proflowers is one. The only downside is that the recipient needs to arrange the flowers themselves. Depending on the recipient that may or may not be a big deal.