Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 1040: The ABC Upfronts

Once upon a time ABC was a juggernaut for inventive new shows… however, based on early reporting from critics, who attended the ABC Upfronts, not one of their 11 new shows sparked ‘LOST’ or ‘Modern Family’ level excitement.
MONDAYS (Solid)
8 – 10pm: ‘Dancing with the Stars’, still a rating giant and will probably cause NBC executives to weep openly.
10 – 11pm: ‘Castle’, hands down, the BEST crime show on television.  There is NO way ‘The Playboy Club’ will steal viewers from the fourth season of this fantastic show!
TUESDAYS (Shaky)
8 – 9pm Comedy Block: The early reviews for Tim Allen’s ‘Last Man Standing’ and ‘Man Up’ are NOT good and their timeslot REALLY confuses me.  Based on reviews, these two shows seem focus on male demographics… however, they are being used to lead into the ‘Dancing with the Stars, Results Show’.  The choice doesn’t make any sense to me.
9 – 10pm: ‘Dancing with the Stars, Results Show
10 – 11pm: ‘Body of Proof’, I haven’t seen this show, but I love Dana Delany and I’m glad to see her show renewed… although I’ll probably watch ‘Parenthood’ on NBC instead.
WEDNESDAYS (Not very exciting)
8 – 10pm Comedy Block: Joining ‘The Middle’ and ‘Modern Family’ are two new sitcoms that I’m not overly excited about called ‘Suburgatory and ‘Happy Endings’.  The critics seem to think their worth checking out for a few episodes though… so I’ll probably give them a chance.
10 – 11pm: ‘Revenge’, okay… so… one review begins with, “I'm not entirely convinced that Emily Van Camp can really act, or pull off devious, but she's sure as hell going to try.”  And then it tries to explain the shows rather bizarre premise.  So… I’m hoping CBS will be showing something interesting because I’m certainly not going to watch ‘Law & Order: SVU’
THURSDAYS (Solid Girl Night)
The line-up really speaks for itself.
8 – 9pm: ‘Charlie’s Angles’ reboot.
9 – 10pm: ‘Grey’s Anatomy
10 – 11pm: ‘Private Practice
FRIDAYS (Craptastic Reality)
8 – 9pm: ‘Extreme Makeover: Home Edition’… is this show really still on?
9 – 10pm: ‘Shark Tank
SUNDAYS (Very Interesting)
8 – 9pm: ‘Once Upon a Time’, great cast, but it’s a full blow fantasy show… on a Sunday night.  Not sure how long it will stay there, but I’m going to give it a shot.
9 – 10pm: ‘Desperate Housewives’… still going!
10 – 11pm: ‘Pan Am’, remember yesterday when I said every network wants their own version of ‘Mad Men’?  Well, this is ABC’s version and it is a LOT more promising than NBC’s… but still not REAL promising. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm planning on Pan Am being my guilty pleasure so they better be good enough for that.