The tubes were pretty crowded the day of our trip to Ikea… so Costello and I didn’t talk much on the first leg of our trip. We were simply focused on the task at hand. Since Costello’s arrival London we had been exploring ever inch of the city and as the Gilliam’s due date grew closer, I couldn’t put off the purchase of Serena’s rocking chair any longer.
Sure, we were venturing out of the city for a “quick” run to Ikea… but we were still determined to make the Jack The Ripper Walking Tour, which started in a mere four hours. Easy, right? We could make it.
Sure.
As we stepped off the Bakerloo train in preparation of the second leg of our journey we found ourselves in a practically deserted station. It was then when Costello spoke, “Don’t you guys already have a rocking chair?”
His question stung worse than a double leaping hip attack…
Yes, we did have a rocking chair… AND a glider chair.
Yes, Costello’s question stung deep.
I had to throw out the rocking chair when the wicker seat could no longer hold the weight of a human body… but that darn glider chair… that darn CHAIR! The glider chair was a whole different story.
“That chair was a menace; I banished it to Hagerstown where it belongs… where it won’t hurt anyone for the rest of eternity… (By ‘eternity’ I mean the number of years I will be employed by the federal government).
Costello looked confused, “What do you mean? What did the chair do?”
“I’ll tell you tomorrow.”
No comments:
Post a Comment