You know? Some people are just so impatient. Has anyone looked at the comments on my post a few days ago regarding Kerry? Well, Kerry herself comments about two issues:
1. “I have to say I'm a little freaked out as to why the post about me is highlighted in white when no one else's is”
Well Kerry, it’s because you’re special… and you’re the only female in the group… “Really?” “No, not really.”
Now, some of you are probably going back in time to find the post to see what she means by “highlighted in white”… well… Don’t bother. It’s not there. I fixed it.
However, I bet some of my loyal Happener’s (Yes! I’ve named you!) know exactly what Kerry is talking about. A few months ago I was plagued by this bizarre white highlighting of my posts… and it took me a while to figure out what was going on.
Anyway, it probably doesn’t come by a huge surprise that Microsoft was the culprit. You see, I write all of my posts in MS Word and then I copy and paste them into BlogSpot once I “edit” them.
A few months ago… and I am not sure why… Word started doing something funny. When I copy and paste from Word into BlogSpot, it started copying Words Formatting, and for some reason, the formatting includes a white background behind the text. It’s very strange. I didn’t actually figure it out until I started reading the HTML code on BlogSpot.
Anyway, I’ve tried to remove it in Word, but nothing works. I’ve tried the “fancy” Clear Formatting button. Didn’t work. I’ve tried changing the background color to Transparent. Didn’t work. So, finally… I’ve started using the most basic work-around there is: MS NotePad. NotePad by design clears all formatting from text… so I copy from Word to NotePad to BlogSpot. It’s a lot of work and a pain in my rear… but it works… when I remember to do it.
Now you know.
2. “And you've left out the part where your absurdly long friends have become friends with each other.”
This is very true. VERY true in fact. And well… Kerry… you jumped the gun a little. Today I was going to start telling Costello Crossover stories:
· The night Costello, Justin and I built a set in his driveway by lamp light.
· The first time Costello, Justin, and I stole the PUPPET HEAD and gave it to Dan and Chris sparking a feud between drama clubs.
· The crazy movie trivia night when Costello, Kerry, and Josh all converged on my house for my Birthday Party.
Remember what I said when I began this saga?
“All six people I will tell you about over the next few days know Costello. And I am sure they understand where I am coming.”
There are countless crossover stories… and not just including Costello… Another friend from high school, named Debbie, ended up meeting Kerry and now they keep in better touch with either other than I do.
Last time we were in NY, Dan ended up meeting one of Serena’s friends from PeaceCorp, and to the best of my knowledge they have stayed in touch as well.
It goes on and on and on. What did I say last week? “Friendship is very important”. It should not surprise anyone that my close friends have since forged their own friendships with each other.
Over the next few days I’m going to tell you some about Costello... all this might seem unimportant or unrelated to the saga of “The Chair”… but this is all just part of the build. Costello is key and the payoff is going to be priceless.
Trust me.
3 comments:
Well now I gotta throw in again. Are you going to discuss that your lovely and wonderful wife's best friend Katie also lives in Charleston? And although we don't hang out often we're friends as well? Just trying to keep you on your toes is all.
Oh and where is my first draft?
And best Deb story. I flew to Atlanta for her bacholorette party because it was cheaper than flying. That all came about due to that birthday party and scene it....
So true. Good think I post every day... I have fun stories to share than I do time!
Post a Comment